Monday, June 28, 2010

Thing #12

I thought that it was interesting that one article mentioned inviting others comments. I never thought about this before, but I like that idea to open up your blog to others and invite their ideas and comments. I think this would be an excellent idea in the classroom. If you have a classroom blog, you could create a post about a book the class read or a concept that was just learned in math, science, or social studies. You could end the post with a question for students. When students have time, they could comment on the blog by answering the question. Does anyone know if it is possible to register students to make comments without having them create full accounts or blogs??? I just think this would be a great way for students to work on their reflective writing if it's possible to set them up on the blog somehow.

I also liked the idea that you should respond to what the person has posted to show that you are listening and care about their ideas.

Commenting on others' blogs was fun. I saw some great things and got more ideas to use in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment