Monday, June 21, 2010

Thing #5



I've never used Flickr before, so I looked around for awhile. It is a really great website. Since I teach ESL students, I could use the pictures a lot during lessons. We have a lot of teachable moments when students stop me and ask what a certain word is. I often forget some of the words that they aren't familiar with. I can easily bring up Flickr to find pictures for them.




We also do a habitat project in science. Students get to choose an animal to research and create a PowerPoint about. I think it's wonderful how Flickr groups pictures in the Common Collection, and the tags and groups will help students find pictures of their animals. This past year, I had a group researching sharks and horses, so I found pictures that they could have used in their project!

No comments:

Post a Comment