Monday, June 28, 2010

Thing #13

The bookmarking websites are great resources to find information. The delicious site was the most useful. I enjoy cooking, and I was able to find specific recipes very quickly.

I also thought of classroom implementations. I was concerned about a site that came up as a result of an animal search that I did for when my students research animals. This made me wonder if the website would be blocked through the district. On a positive note, I typed in "perimeter" and I found wonderful websites that I could use in the classroom to teach the math concept. The websites could also be used by students for extention activities or individual practice. Here are the links to the perimeter websites:

Fun Brain Perimeter & Area

Perimeter & Area

Perimeter Explorer


Social bookmarking is a great tool to quickly find specific information.

1 comment:

  1. One thing I did with de.li.cious in my classroom is made an account for my students to use as a resource. That way I selected the websites they could visit and pull information from. It made it much easier for them to find information, and I didn't have to worry about something questionable coming up in a search. Good idea looking for websites others have tagged to use with your students too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete