Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thing #17

I was amazed by creating my rollyo. I had no idea you could create your own search engine for students to use. This is amazing! It was very easy to create, and now I can post a link to my rollyo on my classroom webpage. This is a wonderful way to control the amount and type of information that students can get to using the internet. I think this is very beneficial for elementary students since a lot of search engine results are not always appropriate for younger age students. I started my rollyo with just yahooligans and ask for kids websites, but as different projects come up during the school year, I can add more websites to my rollyo.

1 comment:

  1. It is important for us to find appropriate ways for students to search for what they need to find. Many search engines are very overwhelming, even for me! So you are right in setting something up for your students to use. Way to go! You may also want to move to a de.li.cious account once you find some great sites your students can use for research of certain topics of study.

    ReplyDelete