Monday, July 5, 2010

Thing #21

I use Photostory a lot in class. It is very user friendly, and it is very quick to create a videocast. I've used this program to make an end of the year gift for my students. I make a video using pictures from everything we've done throughout the year. My students have also made a video about heroic people we were studing in social studies. They created a living statue about the person, took pictures of each other, added a caption to their picture, and then narrated their part of the video. I also gave my students digital cameras to share during our class field trip. Students took pictures of anything they thought was interesting, and then we turned the photos into a video that the students narrated using Photostory. The video I'm including here is a videocast that my class created one year in December. We were studying word choice in writing, so my students chose a specific holiday item they wanted to describe with words. We used image chef to turn their words into a picture of the item. Last, we uploaded the pictures and each child narrated their creation to form our class video over holiday word choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment