Monday, July 5, 2010

Thing #20

Since I am a visual learner, I try to find short videos that talk about the concepts we are learning in class. This is especially important for my ELL students to see exactly what I'm talking about. Unfortunately, YouTube is blocked from our campus computers, but I am interested to see if TeacherTube is blocked. I did enjoy learning about different ways to still show the videos on a blocked server.

When I searched YouTube, I found a few neat videos on earthquakes from National Geographic. We always study forces that change Earth's surface, but since my students haven't seen an earthquake first hand, it is great to allow them to experience exactly what an earthquake is and does by video.

I searched TeacherTube for a video on capacity. I found this video that students made describing their experiences with volume and capacity. I thought this video was wonderful because it also shows teachers the different ways that technology can be used in the classroom to reinforce a lesson. I a student was absent or the teacher wanted to review the concept, this video would be an excellent tool to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment