Sunday, July 4, 2010

Thing #18

Using Open Office and Google Docs was pretty easy. I think a disadvantage would be just getting everyone used to it and comfortable with the programs. I can also see some teachers that have just gotten comfortable with the newer version of Microsoft Office not wanting to learn something else. I do like how user friendly and compatable the programs are. We have the newer version of Microsoft Office on our teacher computers at school, but the older version on our three student computers. Since my students use all of the computers in my classroom including my teacher computer, sometimes there are programs opening projects that were saved using the newer program on the older computers. I know that the students can change the file type to be compatable, but Open Office and Google Docs would be compatable everywhere. I also like that it is FREE software!

No comments:

Post a Comment